Top 9 Reasons Miami Heat Will Win The 2012 Championship
9. Eddy Curry Signing- Simply shows that the Miami Heat has balls.
8. They Are Angry And Embarrassed- After all the hype before last season, it was understood that not winning a championship would be a failure. Actually correction, not winning 7 championships would be a failure. And I’m no math teacher, but by the transitive property I believe you can label the Miami Heat as “failures”. After Dallas embarrassed them, lets just say William Shakespeare himself couldn’t have written a better revenge story. So when that Championship banner gets raised in front of them on Christmas, and they zoom in on Mark Cuban smirking or sticking his tongue out at David Stern or Erik Spoelstra, mid-ceremony…I think the Heat are going to turn it on and will be able to channel all that anger in an old-fashioned Dallas ass-whoopin’. And trust me, that revenge will not stop there.
7. Lebron James’ new post-up game- Lebron James worked with Hakeem Olajuwon on his post game this offseason. If LBJ pulls some of The Dream’s moves down low, it will be extremely hard to defend him anywhere on the court (as if it already weren’t hard enough)…(that’s what she said). He shot 51% from the field and averaged 26.7 ppg last season. I can only imagine those stats going up with some new Hall Of Fame post-up moves.
6. Easy road to the championship- The Celtics are getting older, the Knicks can’t play defense, the Magic will probably lose Dwight Howard, and the Bulls will always be one scorer away. Nobody will be able to match Miami Heat in the East.
5. Shane Battier Signing- Every championship team needs a great defense. The Heat played pretty solid defense, giving up 94.6 ppg, 6th best in the NBA. Battier will be a great spark off the bench with his defensive intensity and 3-point shooting.
4. Depth- If the Big 3 wasn’t enough, they still have Udonis Haslem, Juwan Howard, Mike Miller, Shane Battier, James Jones, and rookie Norris Cole off the bench (Joel Anthony and Mario Chalmers are the other starters).
3. Dwayne Wade and Chris Bosh- Wade averaged 25.5 ppg, 4.6 apg, and 6.4 rpg. Bosh averaged 18.7 ppg and 8.3 rpg. It’s going to be difficult to shutdown any 2 out of the 3.
2. It Won’t Count- Since the critics love hating on the Heat, when Miami does win the championship this year, it still will not prove that they are the best because it was NOT a full season. Forever critics will say “it doesn’t count”, and I wouldn’t be surprised if this is the only one they win. It will be an illegitimate title for all eternity.
1. Lebron James Can’t Choke-….There is no 4th quarter of the season, therefore King James cannot choke.